Woodbridge street party to promote independent shops with music and entertainment
- Credit: Archant
A town is set to combine shopping and entertainment by hosting a street party on Sunday, August 27.
The event takes place in Woodbridge following last month’s launch of Parkside Shops – a group of stores located at the Elmhurst Park end of The Thoroughfare.
As part of a new high street venture, the Parkside Street Party will include in-store activities, live music, DJs, busking and entertainment – with street events during the afternoon, followed by music in the Red Lion pub garden from the early evening.
Acts at the Red Lion include DJ Ben Osborne, singer-songwriter Peter Hepworth and Girl in a Gale.
Musicians will also be performing in The Thoroughfare, alongside artisan tea makers, ice cream vendors and other pop-up stalls.
You may also want to watch:
The party is being supported by Archive Vintage, the Red Lion, Woodbridge Emporium, Silver Sun, Taplin Gallery and Holly Blue, among others.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain