Woodbridge: X-Factor star’s Suffolk visit scrapped

A GALA concert featuring some huge star names and one of this year’s X-Factor finalists has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales.

Treyc Cohen - who was controversially dumped from the ITV1 show - was all set to star alongside The Supremes and Hot Chocolate at the event at Farlingaye High School in Woodbridge on December 4.

Half of the cost of the �39 tickets was set to go to the school and Alister Hussain, managing director of organisers Associate Events, said he and his team were “heartily disappointed” to have cancelled the show.

He said: “The company has marketed the event exceptionally hard through every perceivable medium, with it having been out in the public domain for over two months now. “We, the school and our investors do not see anything else we could have done to have put this exciting event into a better position to succeed.”

He said it was the first time the Associate Events team had ever had to cancel an event in a decade.


You may also want to watch:


He added: “And as you can imagine, we are extremely disappointed about the take up of the event’s tickets and the support shown for such a worthwhile cause, especially in light of the efforts demonstrated by Farlingaye High School in working with us on such a unique concept.

“We can only apologise for the lateness in this decision, but we hope that the situation we find ourselves in is appreciated and hope that it does not unduly affect further scheduled plans.”

Most Read

Mr Hussain said all paying customers should have refunds in their accounts by the end of the week and had been sent letters to explain the situation.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter