X Factor winner and West End star Alexandra Burke leads Ipswich Regent Sister Act cast
- Credit: Archant
West End star Alexandra Burke is starring as Deloris Van Cartier in the national tour of Sister Act.
The singer, currently starring as Rachel Marron in the national tour of The Bodyguard, rose to fame when she won the fifth series of The X Factor.
She said: “I’m over the moon... It’s such an iconic role and a part I’ve always wanted to play. I love touring the UK and I’m thrilled to be working with Craig (Revel Horwood) and his amazing creative team. I can’t wait to get started.”
Directed and choreographed by the Strictly Come Dancing judge, Curve’s new production of the musical comedy visits the Ipswich Regent from October 31-November 5.
Based on the hit Whoopi Goldberg and Maggie Smith movie, it sees a disco diva’s life takes a surprising turn when she witnesses a murder and is placed under protective custody disguised as a nun in a Convent.
You may also want to watch:
Horwood said: “I am truly thrilled Alexandra is going to be our leading lady in this all new production of Sister Act. Alexandra is such a fantastic singer and actress that I know she is going to be amazing. I couldn’t think of anyone better to play the role of the smart and funny Deloris.”
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic