Years & Years announced as latest act heading to Newmarket Nights 2019
- Credit: Archant
Years & Years are Ready For You this summer as they head to Newmarket Racecourse for their summer concert series.
The synth-pop trio, consisting of lead singer Olly Alexander and bandmates Mikey Goldsworthy and Emre Turkme, were founded in London in 2010.
Over the last nine years they have become one of most successful groups in the UK with five top 10 singles including Sunlight, Shine, If You’re Over Me, Play in collaboration with DJ with Jax Jones and number one hit King.
Their debut 2015 album Communion spent two weeks at the number one spot and their second release Palo Santo, released in July 2018 charted at number three.
The experimental group were also nominated for British group at the 2019 BRIT Awards and have previously been named the BBC Sound of 2015 and the GQ Awards Best Live Act in 2018.
You may also want to watch:
This is the first time the trio have played at Newmarket but they have previously performed in the region at the UEA LCR in Norwich and Latitude Festival in Henham Park, near Southwold.
Amy Starkey, Regional Director East of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “Years & Years are one of Britain’s biggest musical success stories of the decade and have produced some of the most recognisable hits of recent years.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
“We are absolutely delighted to be able to welcome Olly, Mikey and Emre to the Newmarket Nights stage for the first time this summer for what we are sure will be an unforgettable show for their fans.”
Years & Years are the eighth act to be announced at the racecourse as part of The Jockey Club’s Newmarket Nights and Summer Saturday live summer events which welcome thousands of fans every year and combine an evening at the races with a concert.
Tickets will be on sale at 8am on Wednesday March 13 via thejockeyclublive.co.uk, with a presale available to customers at 8am on Tuesday March 12.
Tickets are priced starting at £26 and hospitality packages are also available.
Acts announced so far for Newmarket Nights
8th– Nile Rodgers & CHIC (Summer Saturday Live)
28th– Kaiser Chiefs
19th– Thriller Live
26th– Rudimental (DJ Set)
2nd– Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra performing Ibiza Classics
16th– Years & Years