Yorke coup ensures 'best ever' line-up
THOM Yorke's solo appearance will make this year's Latitude the best yet, says festival boss Melvin Benn.
THOM Yorke's appearance will make this year's Latitude the best yet, says festival boss Melvin Benn.
The Radiohead frontman is set to play a solo gig on the Obelisk Arena at midday on Sunday.
While he has performed solo at charity concerts before, this is his first full-length show without his band.
Melvin Benn, who runs the festival, said securing Yorke for the line-up was a massive coup for Latitude.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether it's the strongest line-up we've had is judgemental, but I think securing Thom Yorke sets this year apart.
“He lives in Oxford, which is miles away, and for him to come to Latitude for his debut solo show is just phenomenal.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
“He is one of the most influential people in UK music today - and his could be the performance of the weekend.”