Youngsters out in force with fancy dress for Star Wars Day
- Credit: Archant
A short time ago, in a galaxy not too far away, youngsters at Cedarwood Primary School in Kesgrave donned their best Jedi and Sith outfits to enjoy a sponsored space walk for Star Wars Day.
May 4th, the day celebrated as Star Wars Day, featured staff and pupils dressed up as characters from the franchise, with every class completing three laps around the field for the school to total 400km – the distance from Earth of the International Space Station.
Pupils also had to answer questions during the challenge, as well as learning about the solar system and how rockets work.
The day featured a host of activities including a lightsaber relay race, rocket demonstration, and Star Wars-themed lunch menu.
Organised by the Parents and Friends Committee of Cedarwood Primary School, the money raised will go towards new play equipment and iPads for the school, with staff aiming for between £1,000 and £2,000 sponsorship.
Headteacher Doug Stroud said: “All the children have come in fancy dress, and the parents and supporters have come dressed up too.
“We are merging many different targets getting them outside with fitness, which is important, learning about the planets, and the local community.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 4 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 5 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 6 Road closed as emergency services called to single-vehicle crash
- 7 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after being 'seriously' assaulted by 'several' men
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 'A really special effort' - McKenna's verdict on 3-0 win v MK Dons
“The weather has been brilliant, we couldn’t have asked for any better so I think the force is with us!”