Youngsters out in force with fancy dress for Star Wars Day
- Credit: Archant
A short time ago, in a galaxy not too far away, youngsters at Cedarwood Primary School in Kesgrave donned their best Jedi and Sith outfits to enjoy a sponsored space walk for Star Wars Day.
May 4th, the day celebrated as Star Wars Day, featured staff and pupils dressed up as characters from the franchise, with every class completing three laps around the field for the school to total 400km – the distance from Earth of the International Space Station.
Pupils also had to answer questions during the challenge, as well as learning about the solar system and how rockets work.
The day featured a host of activities including a lightsaber relay race, rocket demonstration, and Star Wars-themed lunch menu.
Organised by the Parents and Friends Committee of Cedarwood Primary School, the money raised will go towards new play equipment and iPads for the school, with staff aiming for between £1,000 and £2,000 sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Doug Stroud said: “All the children have come in fancy dress, and the parents and supporters have come dressed up too.
“We are merging many different targets getting them outside with fitness, which is important, learning about the planets, and the local community.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 7 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 8 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 9 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
“The weather has been brilliant, we couldn’t have asked for any better so I think the force is with us!”