Tottenham’s Modric to complete Real Madrid move
LUKA MODRIC’s dream move to Real Madrid should finally be confirmed later today.
This is according to the Daily Mirror, who report that the 26-year-old will leave Tottenham after four years at the club in a deal that could rise to �32million.
Andre Villas-Boas has already lined up a replacement for the midfielder in Roma’s Miralem Pjanic, with the Bosnian international set to be available for �12million (Daily Mail).
Manchester City are also closing in on Swansea City winger Scott Sinclair, after Swans coach Alan Curtis revealed that he won’t sign a new deal at the Liberty Stadium (Various).
One player linked with a shock exit from Mancini’s side is striker Edin Dzeko, who according to the Daily Mirror is a target for Tottenham after talks with Emmanuel Adebayor have supposedly stalled. The Sun are reporting it differently, who say the forward is set to complete a �5million deal later this week after spending last season on loan at White Hart Lane (The Sun).
Adam Johnson has again been rumoured to be moving away from Manchester City, with Everton, Liverpool and Tottenham all joining Sunderland in the race for the �10million rated winger (Daily Star).
Also linked to Sunderland are Spurs duo Jermaine Jenas and Danny Rose, as the club still wait on signing Wolves striker Steven Fletcher (Daily Telegraph).
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
Manchester United’s Dimitar Berbatov is a target for Serie A side Fiorentina, although the club only want to pay �4million to take the striker from Old Trafford (Daily Mail). The Bulgarian has also again been linked to Zenit St. Petersburg (Daily Telegraph).
Elsewhere, Fulham are targeting former Arsenal striker Eduardo, although it would take a �7million deal for the Croatian to move from Shakhtar Donesk (The Sun). His old club are closing in on a long-awaited loan deal for Real Madrid’s Nuri Sahin, with a year-long loan deal set to be completed later today (Independent).
In the Championship, Blackpool are set to lose want-away winger Matt Phillips, with Premier League newcomers Southampton planning a �6million bid to take the midfielder to the South coast (Daily Mirror).