Transfer rumours: Balotelli and Fellaini move towards the exit as Wenger looks to spend
As the January transfer window draws ever closer, Edmund Crosthwaite takes a look at some of the rumours about next month’s possible movers.
Arsene Wenger appears to be ready for an overhaul of his squad as the Telegraph reports he is looking at five new players for his side with three of them already playing in the Premier League.
The trio of Southampton’s Luke Shaw, Stoke’s Asmir Begovic and Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling are apparently interesting the Frenchmen who could also turn to Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Thierry Henry in order to improve Aresnal’s fortunes.
Ill discipline could spell the end of Mario Balotelli’s time at Manchester City. The Italian was suspended for 11 of City’s 54 games last season and is now refusing to pay a �340k fine dished out by his employers; both Milan clubs are showing interest in the striker.
Another bad boy who could be on his way is Marouane Fellaini following his antics against Stoke on Saturday. Fellaini’s repeated clashes with opposition defender Ryan Shawcross could lead to a retrospective ban from the FA and a six-figure fine from Everton.
You may also want to watch:
Reports that Chelsea and Paris St Germain could be willing to pay �30m for the Belgian might make selling him an attractive proposition for manager David Moyes.
Birmingham manager Lee Clarke has told the Mirror that it will take a “substantial figure” to prise19-year-old Jack Butland away from St Andrews.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 5 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 9 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
Potential suitors Liverpool and Everton will have to stump up more than the �6m offered in the summer by Southampton if they really want to add the young England ‘keeper to their ranks.
In the Championship the Sun believe Gianfranco Zola will show Watford trio Chris Iwelumo, Joe Garner and Paul Dickinson the door while Leeds may offer Reading defender Ian Harte an opportunity to return to the Yorkshire club.
They’re also reporting a potential move away from Manchester United for Federico Macheda with second-tier sides Blackpool and Brighton leading the chase.