TRANSFER RUMOURS: Chelsea to complete Victor Moses signing as Sahin closes in on Liverpool move
VICTOR MOSES could finally make his move to Chelsea in the next few days, as Wigan Athletic are reported to have accepted an improved offer for the 21-year-old.
Both the Sun and the Daily Telegraph claim that the attacker will complete his move to Stamford Bridge in a deal worth around �10million, with Moses set to quadruple his wage by joining the London club (Daily Express).
Chelsea’s defender David Luiz has been again linked with an exit from the club, with Barcelona the latest club to show interest in the �30million rated player according to both the Times and the Daily Mirror
Elsewhere, Nuri Sahin is set to snub Arsenal and instead move to Liverpool on a season-long loan deal. Both the Daily Mirror and the Daily Star report that the Real Madrid midfielder’s agent was at Anfield last night to agree terms, just days after he seemed likely to move to Arsene Wenger’s side. The Arsenal manager has said that he may still make more signings before next week’s transfer deadline (Daily Express).
QPR’s chairman Tony Fernandes has said his club won’t rush in to panic buys after their 5-0 defeat against Swansea City (Daily Mirror). The Hoops have already made eight summer signings and are widely reported to be closing in on former Inter Milan goalkeeper Julio Cesar.
Costa Rican defender Bryan Oviedo is believed to be wanted by both West Brom and Everton, with FC Copenhagen looking for �3million to let the left-back move to the Premier League (Daily Mail). The Baggies have also shown interest in Blackburn Rovers Martin Ollson.
Meanwhile, newly promoted Southampton are closing in on Dutch centre-back Maya Yoshida in a �2million deal. The defender from Dutch side VVV-Venlo, who turns 24 today, has reportedly attracted interest from Newcastle, Everton, Stoke and Fulham (Daily Mirror).
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 6 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
Blackburn are interested in taking former ITFC striker Connor Wickham on loan from Sunderland (Daily Mirror), while their midfielder Steven N’Zonzi is wanted by Norwich City (The Sun).
Other reported rumours include West Ham’s John Carew being linked to his former club Valerenga (Daily Mirror) and Hull City manager Steve Bruce raiding his old club Sunderland to try and bring striker Frazier Campbell to the KC Stadium (Daily Mail).