Transfer rumours: Cristiano Ronaldo courting the big spenders as Arsenal close in on Huntelaar
With transfer rumours getting bigger and madder, Edmund Crosthwaite takes a look at the day’s best.
The biggest rumour surfacing today is Paris Saint-Germain’s pursuit of Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo. The super-rich French side could table a bid of �75m for Ronaldo who would partner non other than Zlatan Ibrahimovic up front, report the Daily Mail.
Not only that but PSG fancy their chances of poaching Madrid manager Jose Mourinho as well.
Following the news yesterday that Frank Lampard is likely to leave Chelsea at the end of the season because his contract won’t be renewed, interim boss Rafa Benitez has said he might not even make it that far, with a January departure a possibility, according to Sky Sports.
Arsenal have stepped up their pursuit of Klaas-Jan Huntelaar after opening talks with the 29-year-old striker. A three year contract and �100k per week wages are said to be the demands of the current Schalke player say the BBC.
You may also want to watch:
Chelsea’s revolving door of fun could also see them lose out-of-favour Dan Sturridge to divisional rivals Liverpool, according to the Sun. Former Chelsea reserve team coach Brendan Rogers, now the Liverpool boss, looks set to win the race for Sturridge’s signature over his old boss Andre Villa-Boas.
The Daily Star say Blackpool hot-shot Thomas Ince could be the subject of bids from a host of Premier League clubs next month, including Newcastle, Liverpool and Spurs. Liverpool let the winger go last season but now want him back, although Newcastle and Tottenham are looking to hijack the deal with their own offers.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 8 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
Back to Ronaldo and Man City want to flex their financial muscles again – they’re rumoured in the Guardian to be plotting a �134m swoop for the Portuguese international and his teammate Fabio Coentrao.
Finally, it’s not a transfer rumour, but it is amusing. Henning Berg is allegedly considering his future at Blackburn Rovers after an incident at the club’s Christmas party.
He was apparently made to wear a festive stocking on his head and dance on stage, which he wasn’t too pleased about, but he reportedly stormed off when someone tried to put a Michael Jackson wig on his head!