Transfer rumours: Tottenham will keep Modric and gain a Portugal star while Andy Carroll will leave Liverpool
IF Alex Ferguson was really keen yesterday to sign the Portugal midfielder Jo�o Moutinho, today Tottenham boss Andr� Villas-Boas has made it his top priority.
The ex-Chelsea manager has also insisted he will hang on to wantaway Luka Modric as he starts an expensive overhaul at White Hart Lane which will, of course, be nothing like what happened at Stamford Bridge.
Meanwhile lumbering header machine Andy Carroll could be whipping his pony tail and offering “something different” in Milan according to The Sun.
Self-styled “best striker in the world” Nicklas Bendtner is on the wanted list at both M�laga and Galatasaray, with the Turkish outfit also casting furtive looks at Dimitar Berbatov.
Napoli are said to be leading the chase for the signatures of Martin Skrtel and Raul Meireles.
In other news Sunderland are close to opening their coffers for Steven Fletcher, though Stoke and Fulham are also interested.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Anger as second homeowners set to receive £191million in Covid grants
- 8 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 9 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 10 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR