Vieira ready to make City debut
PATRICK Vieira is set to make his long-awaited debut for Manchester City against Hull on Saturday.The 33-year-old, who arrived on a free transfer from Inter Milan in January, has now finally overcome an ankle injury and said he cannot wait to make his debut for Roberto Mancini's side.
PATRICK Vieira is set to make his long-awaited debut for Manchester City against Hull on Saturday.
The 33-year-old, who arrived on a free transfer from Inter Milan in January, has now finally overcome an ankle injury and said he cannot wait to make his debut for Roberto Mancini's side.
“It has been a frustrating spell with the injury. Thank God it is over and I am ready to start,” he told the club's website.
“I suffered it in the last game for Inter and did not realise it was that bad. City have been right behind me and I have to thank them for that.
You may also want to watch:
“I am looking forward to playing in the Premier League again and getting a run of games. When I was in Italy I followed the matches. They have been exciting and I really believe it is one of the best in the world.”
Vieira insists City are getting closer to their cross-city rivals, Manchester United and believes they will be challenging Alex Ferguson's men on an equal-footing in the near future.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 8 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
“I have found a team that matches my expectations. I think the future for this club is fantastic. There are a lot of winners and great players in the dressing room.
“Hopefully we can achieve what we want and finish in the top four. We are getting closer to Manchester United. The gap is definitely narrowing.”