Wayne Rooney ‘wants to leave Manchester United’
WAYNE Rooney’s career at Manchester United could be over after Sir Alex Ferguson admitted the star striker wanted to leave.
United fans have been left rocking after the Old Trafford boss revealed the news during an interview with club television station MUTV.
Ferguson said he was shocked and disappointed at the news - but insisted the door was still open for the England international to do a U-turn on the decision.
Rooney, 24, has 18 months left on his contract and there had been increased speculation of a falling out between player and manager in recent weeks.
If Rooney does leave, the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea and Spanish giants Real Madrid would all be waiting in the wings with a lucrative bid.
You may also want to watch:
United face Bursapor in the Champions League tomorrow night but Rooney will not be involved after he was stretched off in a training session today.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 7 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 10 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed