Zola sacked by Hammers
GIANFRANCO Zola has been sacked by West Ham after narrowly avoiding relegation from the Premier League last season.
Zola almost left Upton Park with just a handful of games remaining but decided to stay and managed to preserve the Hammers’ top flight status.
But it was not enough to save his job and the search for the Italian’s successor starts immediately.
A statement on the club’s official website said read: “West Ham United confirm that they have terminated the contract of Gianfranco Zola
“The Board of Directors would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him well for the future.
You may also want to watch:
“The club will now be focusing its efforts on seeking a replacement.
“The club will be making no further comment on this matter.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 7 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
- 10 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash