Arsenal man set for Parkhead?
VETERAN defender Sol Campbell is “seriously considering” a move to Celtic.
The former England international has reportedly been offered a new one-year deal to stay at Arsenal, where he spent the second half of last season after an ill-fated spell with Notts County.
But Celtic caretaker boss Neil Lennon has also held talks with Campbell and he could be tempted to join the Glasgow giants.
The 35-year-old told the Scottish Sun: “I’ve spoken with Neil about moving to Celtic. And I’ve been impressed with what he had to say.
“We’re talking, although we haven’t yet discussed figures. Nothing is set in stone.”
You may also want to watch:
Campbell added: “I know Celtic are a massive club. I have to consider them. You can’t ignore it when such a fantastic club makes their interest known.
“Celtic is a serious possibility, but I am also talking to a few other clubs. I’m also giving Arsenal the respect they deserve. If the situation at Arsenal doesn’t resolve itself I know how interested Celtic are. And, yes, I’m seriously considering it.”
- 1 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 2 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 3 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 8 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Burgers, Wings and Ribs comes to Stowmarket