Begovic on his way to Spurs
PORTSMOUTH goalkeeper Asmir Begovic looks set to join Tottenham.The 22-year-old Bosnian international enjoyed a successful loan spell at Ipswich Town earlier this season, conceding just four goals in an unbeaten six game period.
PORTSMOUTH goalkeeper Asmir Begovic looks set to join Tottenham.
The 22-year-old Bosnian international enjoyed a successful loan spell at Ipswich Town earlier this season, conceding just four goals in an unbeaten six game period.
Begovi? has since established himself as Pompey's first choice keeper, but it now looks like the cash-strapped club could be forced to sell him to Spurs.
Defender Younes Kaboul also looks set to sign for Tottenham in a double deal which is allegedly being brokered by the club's owners without the consent of chief executive Peter Storrie or manager Avram Grant.
You may also want to watch:
Portsmouth - who are �60m in debt - need to raise funds in order to meet the January wage-bill which is due today. They have already failed to pay player wages on time three times in the last five months.
A winding-up petition was lodged against Portsmouth last month by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs. And on yet another chaotic day at Fratton Park, the club's website was taken offline for about four hours before the club settled an outstanding bill with their service provider.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 8 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 9 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 10 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash