Ben Wright seeks pastures new at New Lawn
BEN Wright, Braintree Town’s leading scorer last season, has left the Essex club to join Forest Green Rovers.
Classy striker Wright plundered 17 goals in 41 appearances during the Iron’s successful first season in the Blue Square Premier. They finished 12th in the table.
But rather than stay at Cressing Road, the 23-year-old has opted for a move westwards to Forest Green Rovers, on a two-year deal.
Remarkably, this will be the 16th club that Wright has played for, during his still short career, mostly in non-league circles, although he did make five appearances for Peterborough United in the Football League in 2009-10.
Last season was his most prolific, eclipsing a good spell at Hampton & Richmond (2008-09) when Alan Devonshire, the current Iron manager, was in charge.
You may also want to watch:
Forest Green Rovers are based in the town of Nailsworth, Gloucestershire, at the New Lawn
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star