Braintree Town add Simeon Akinola to squad for trip to Alfreton Town in Vanarama Premier
- Credit: Archant
Braintree Town travel to Alfreton Town in the Vanarama Premier today, seeking their first away points of the season, following two defeats.
Manager Alan Devonshire could give an Iron debut to new signing Simeon Akinola who has joined the club for an undisclosed fee from Ryman League Premier Division club Harrow Borough.
The 22-year-old has scored twice in the league this season, and has also spent time with Boreham Wood and Billericay Town.
Devonshire said: “Simeon is a great acquisition to the squad, and gives us something different up front. I’ve watched him a few times and he has great potential.”
Akinola started his youth career in Madrid before moving to England and can play as a striker or on the wing.
You may also want to watch:
The Iron’s opponents today are rock-bottom of the league, having just missed out on the play-offs last season.
The Derbyshire-based team have lost all five league games this season, scoring three and conceding 12.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners