City eye Brazilian World Cup star
MANCHESTER City are in talks with Benfica with a view to signing �30miliion rated Brazilia Ramires, according to reports.
City have seemingly hit a brick wall in their pursuit of Aston Villa winger James Milner, and therefore have turned attention towards midfielder Ramires.
Boss Roberto Mancini is keen to sign the 23-year-old following his impressive form for Brazil in South Africa, where he featured in four of their games, although the Italian is yet to give up on England international Milner.
There has reportedly been communication between Ramires’ agent, Giuliano Bertolucci, regarding a possible switch. And although Ramiers has a �30m buy-out clause in his contract, City are hopeful of landing the player for a reduced fee of around �22m.
Meanwhile, the Eastlands club are confident of clinching the signing of Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli, believing they have struck a �23million deal for the 19-year-old who will be re-united with former manager Mancini.
You may also want to watch:
However, they have failed to capture Barcelona’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with his agent saying he wants to stay at the Camp Nou and prove his worth.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 8 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit