Felixstowe girl Lucy Loomes creating quite a buzz with the London Bees
- Credit: Archant
She’s a rising star of women’s football and creating a buzz at The Hive.
Former St Albans Catholic High School pupil, Lucy Loomes, created history by scoring the first-ever goal in Women’s Super League 2 and is rapidly making a name for herself at the newly-formed London Bees.
Felixstowe-born striker Loomes, a former Ipswich Town and Colchester Ladies Centre of Excellence player, is also banging in the goals for the Bees’ development team and scored a hat-trick in a recent 8-1 victory over Yeovil.
“It’s going really well and I am really enjoying my football,” said Loomes, 17, who is studying a BTEC in sport at Thurstable Sixth Form College.
“The London Bees are a brand-new club and as players, we all work hard and are looking to develop as players.
You may also want to watch:
“We play at a really good standard and coming from Centre of Excellence football it’s a massive jump, but I feel I am really benefiting from playing with and against players with more experience.
“I have been involved in every first team game this season, as well as the development squad, and to score the first-ever goal in the WSL 2 was amazing.”
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
Loomes began playing at the age of four at a Saturday club for children and having never looked back, has hopes of a bright future in a sport which is growing at a rapid pace day by day.
Loomes, who was one of the 15,000 people that watched the Ladies’ cup final between Arsenal and Everton at Milton Keynes recently, said: “I just want to be the best player I can possibly be.”
Meanwhile, Ipswich Town Ladies are looking for new players for their forthcoming campaign.
Led by new manager Ralph Pruden, the ladies will be holding trials tonight and next Tuesday (June 17), between 7.30pm and 9.30pm at Portman Road.
“The trials will give people an opportunity to see what the standard is like,” said Pruden.
“There is an opportunity to get into the squad for the new season and the trials will allow potential players a chance to train with the existing squad.”
For more information or to register an interest contact Ralph Pruden on 07795 282927.