Hammers nail Sulejmani
WEST Ham United have agreed a deal with Ajax that will see Serbia forward Miralem Sulejmani join the club.
The 21-year-old signed for �13million in 2008 from Heerenveen, becoming the Dutch giants’ record signing.
The two clubs have agreed terms on a season-long loan and he hopes to join by the end of the week, subject to a work permit.
And Sulejmani has admitted that he is relishing the prospect of playing for the Hammers and he said: “I am happy that I will play in the strongest league in Europe,”
“I think that I am up to the challenge and I am convinced that I will get the chance and the opportunities, as (West Ham manager) Avram Grant was very positive about my qualities.”
You may also want to watch:
Sulejmani admits he is pleased with the chance to move away from Ajax, suggesting he was not happy under coach Martin Jol.
“As Jol took over, my status changed and this is the biggest reason that I would like to change my environment,” said Sulejmani.
- 1 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 4 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 5 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 8 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 9 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 10 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich