Javier happy to leave
CURRENT Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano is ready to ask for a transfer to be pushed through so he can join Inter Milan.
Inter are expected to formulate an offer over the next week after the Argentina captain’s representatives were in Milan yesterday over his planned transfer.
However, as part of Rafael Benitez’s settlement when he left was not to sign a Liverpool player for the next three months, he may turn back on this to secure one of his summer priorities.
There could be a deal involving players in return with midfielder Sully Muntari reported to be a part of this, as Inter are unwilling to offer Liverpool’s valuation of �30million instead they intend to sign him for closer to �20m.
Mascherano, who is due to return to the Liverpool fold on Monday, has so far failed to return Hodgson’s calls and has made it clear to friends he wants to leave.
You may also want to watch:
With Hodgson still in the market for a new left-back, the Anfield club could then use the funds to secure players among their priorities.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down