Klose hails new German generation
STRIKER Miroslav Klose has admitted German fans did not know where their new heroes were going to come from a couple of years ago.
Germany have lit up the World Cup with a series of brilliant displays.
Suddenly the likes of Mesut Ozil, Thomas Muller and Manuel Neuer are becoming household names across Europe, after barely being so on German soil a couple of years ago.
“A few years ago people kept saying that it was a shame there weren’t any new generations coming through,” Klose said.
“They said we have no forwards and no creative midfielders. Everybody deplored that. But time has proved these people wrong.”
You may also want to watch:
Germany face Spain in tomorrow’s semi-final for the right to play in Sunday’s final.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'