Leiston continue unbeaten start to 2014
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Leiston’s revival under Steve Ball continues as the Blues have started the new calendar year unbeaten.
Last Saturday saw another thrilling Ryman Premier League fixture at Victory Road although the home side were unable to claim all three points and had to settle for just a single point against a game Lewes side.
Leiston welcomed back Jack Simmons for a second spell on loan from Colchester United and he was joined for a month by Conor Hubble, also from Colchester United.
Just like the previous home game the Blues found themselves behind early on with a fine strike from Sam Crabb.
But the home side responded strongly and deservedly drew level when David Head nodded home after some great persistence from Leon Ottley-Gooch set up the opportunity.
Early in the second-half Leiston led for the first time with a fine header from leading scorer Craig Parker, from Gareth Heath’s corner.
But the visitors refused to buckle and ended the game strongly and deservedly drew level through a fine half volley from Luke Blewden.
- 1 Victorian water tower set to become restaurant
- 2 Landlord fined £23k over 'dangerous' electrics and broken toilets at homes
- 3 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
- 4 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 5 West Suffolk pig farmer reluctantly decides to sell herd after torrid year
- 6 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 7 Red Arrows set to soar over Suffolk this weekend
- 8 A-Level results: Joy for students across Suffolk
- 9 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 10 'Delight' as Farlingaye students achieve 99% pass rate
So the spoils were shared and no doubt Ball would have taken four points from the last two games.
Our thanks to Screwbolt Fixing for sponsoring the fixture with Head named as man of the match and also David Slater for sponsoring the match ball.
Tomorrow we are on our travels to Wingate & Finchley before a midweek trip to Canvey Island on Tuesday.
As always check the website for updates especially regarding possible weather issues.