Getting on track - were you a cycle speedway rider?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Did you take part in cycle speedway around Suffolk over the years, or were you one of those cheering on the riders?
Our latest nostalgia gallery looks back at the popular sport during the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
Can you spot yourself or a friend or family member among the riders pictured here?
It's not known exactly when or how cycle speedway started, but the started to take off in the 1940s.
It quickly grew in popularity, with clubs being formed around the country, including many in Suffolk, with some riders going on to become speedway professionals.
You may also want to watch:
Our gallery includes Trimley Tigers and Leiston Aces line-ups, as well as events in Felixstowe and Ipswich and an awards ceremony in Woodbridge.
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or you can also call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Covid rule breaker travelled from Colchester to Norwich to deliver birthday present
- 2 Coronavirus infection rates drop in every district
- 3 A140 closed after lorry jackknifes in snow
- 4 Winter wonderland - 21 of today's best snow photos from Suffolk and north Essex
- 5 Matchday Recap: Blues claim three points from scrappy affair
- 6 Body found in search for missing man
- 7 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 Ipswich Town turn down League One rivals' Donacien bid
- 10 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?