Getting on track - were you a cycle speedway rider?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Did you take part in cycle speedway around Suffolk over the years, or were you one of those cheering on the riders?
Our latest nostalgia gallery looks back at the popular sport during the 1970s, 80s and 90s.
Can you spot yourself or a friend or family member among the riders pictured here?
It's not known exactly when or how cycle speedway started, but the started to take off in the 1940s.
It quickly grew in popularity, with clubs being formed around the country, including many in Suffolk, with some riders going on to become speedway professionals.
You may also want to watch:
Our gallery includes Trimley Tigers and Leiston Aces line-ups, as well as events in Felixstowe and Ipswich and an awards ceremony in Woodbridge.
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or you can also call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe