Did you tour Portman Road and see FA Cup at Ipswich Town open days?
- Credit: Archant
Did you go along to Ipswich Town open days in the 1970s and 80s?
If so, these photos of past events at the football club may bring back memories.
Our latest Days Gone By gallery recalls the open day in 1978, a unique occasion when fans were able to celebrate after the Blues had won the FA Cup.
Long queues of fans waited patiently at Portman Road to see the famous trophy and take photos of it.
And there are also photos from a memorable football fun day and open day 10 years on in 1988.
You may also want to watch:
ITFC legends Mick Mills, captain in 1978, and Roger Osborne, scorer of the famous Cup-winning goal, returned to take to the pitch for a football fun day.
Do you remember going along to these events, or other football open days at the club over the years?
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham