Can you spot yourself in these netball photos from the 1970s and 80s?
- Credit: Archant
Did you play netball in Ipswich or around Suffolk during the 1970s and 80s?
Or were you one of the parents and supporters cheering from the sidelines?
If either applies, you might spot a few familiar faces in today's Days Gone By gallery.
For many girls, netball lessons were a highpoint of their schooldays - but others will remember being the last one to be chosen for teams, and struggling to get a touch of the ball.
Netball started out as an adaptation of basketball, and was first played in the UK in 1895.
It became an increasingly popular women's sport from the early 20th century onwards, and it has been estimated that more than 280,000 people took part in netball in the UK during 2020.
The game was recognised by the International Olympic Committee in 1995, but hasn't actually been included in the Olympic Games as yet.
- 1 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 2 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 3 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 4 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 7 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 8 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Julia Bradbury's feature on 'beautiful' Sudbury airs on This Morning today
If these photos bring back memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.