Unique Suffolk home to appear on TV’s Salvage Hunters
- Credit: Archant
Fans of the TV show Salvage Hunters will be treated to an episode featuring a Suffolk property.
Belle Grove Farm, known as the Dragon House near Westhall in north Suffolk, is one of the locations visited this month.
This amazing home, which featured on George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces, looks like a mansion that belongs in Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones.
This fantastic home was completed in December 2011, and was declared Overall Winner of The Daily Telegraph Building Awards in conjunction with Homebuilding & Renovating Magazine.
It is known as the Dragon House as a dragon straddles its chimney.
You may also want to watch:
As such it would probably suit Daenerys Targaryen, from Game of Thrones, should she be house hunting in Suffolk, or visiting on holiday.
Jo Jordan and Nick Fisher, the owners and builders, could be called salvage hunters themselves.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 5 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 8 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 9 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 10 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
The house and barns are filled with treasures, art and objects they have collected from around the world having run safari trips to Africa for the best part of 30 years.
Their overland Trans-Africa expeditions took at least five months, cooking on wood fires and camping all the way.
Mrs Jordan said: “As it happens we have long been fans of Salvage Hunters so were taken aback but delighted when they decided to see what they could scavenge in our outbuildings! We were very pleased to be able to dispose of surplus-to-requirements items, especially some unusual pieces from overseas.”
Personally conducted tours of the house are available through Invitation to View, or Invitation to Dust as Jo likes to call it (as she feels she really has to beforehand).
The Dragon House is the only new-build property on Invitation to View’s books with tours limited to the summer months and bookable in advance.
The house can occasionally be used as a Bed & Breakfast - a desirable ‘overspill’ for Belle Grove Barns, itself a unique holiday retreat in the heart of Suffolk.
It is just 20 minutes from Southwold, and there are five luxury barn conversions sleeping between two and six plus guests.
Salvage Hunters, featuring the Dragon House, is on Wednesdays on Quest, first airing at 9pm.
Belle Grove Barns is in episode 5 (14.03.18) on the Quest Channel – Freeview Channel 37 (+1 Channel 38). You can also find Quest on Sky Channel 144 (+1 Channel 195), Virgin Channel 172 (+1 Channel 173).
There are various repeats throughout the week, visit www.questtv.co.uk/tv-listings