Church Farmhouse: Restored rural home on the edge of Cratfield
- Credit: Archant
Church Farmhouse is a magnificently restored red brick farmhouse, standing in a fine rural position, with outstanding views.
It is positioned in the edge of the village of Cratfield, and so about nine miles from Framlingham and just six miles west of Halesworth.
It is set in around an acre of gardens, with outbuildings, and is surrounded by open countryside and space. This detached home is built of red brick, with sash windows under a hipped slate roof, providing living accommodation of around 3,500 sq ft.
The property has been thougthfully restored by its current owners providing comfortable living areas along with great spaces for entertaining friends.
The accommodation is over three floors and includes a large kitchen/diner, complete with Aga, which has views over the garden and double doors leading to an impressive timber-framed loggia, ideal for al fresco dining.
You may also want to watch:
It is protected behind glazed panels and includes a feature open fire and a bread oven.
There are two main reception rooms, both featuring large woodburners which are set on tiled hearths.
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 9 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 10 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
Also on the ground floor is a study, utility/larder and a WC.
Stairs rise to the first floor and lead to four equally proportioned double bedrooms, one with an en suite shower room and one with a WC.
All of the bedrooms have views over the gardens and of the countryside beyond.
There is also a family bathroom.
A further staircase rises to the second floor accessing an impressive, open-plan master suite which spans 37ft beneath the hipped roof and has large dormer windows where again there are fine open views.
Open to the master bedroom is the en suite, which features a roll top bath.
The property is approached off a quiet country lane via a shingle driveway which provides plenty of parking space and leads to a timber-framed triple bay cart lodge and a second outbuilding range offering further garages, workshop, a log store and kennel. The farmhouse is set in its land, surrounded on all sides by gardens predominantly laid to lawn, enclosed by stock hedging, and well planted throughout with a mixture of mature trees, shrubs and herbaceous borders.
The mature gardens inclue a large pond. Situated in one corner of the property, and well screened by an established beech hedge, lies a productive kitchen garden along with a chicken run and a summer house which has power and light connected.
This home has wonderful views over underlating north Suffolk countryside.