'Fantastic' chance to bring community pub back to life
- Credit: Auction House East Anglia
A former west Suffolk pub with a long leasehold is set to go under the hammer at auction with a guide price of between £70,000 and £100,000.
The Suffolk Punch in Leiston Road, Haverhill, was a well-known community pub near the centre of the town.
Auction House East Anglia, which is marketing the property, said the pub presents a "fantastic opportunity to bring a community asset back to life".
On the ground floor of the pub is the bar, dining area, kitchen, toilets and terrace area.
On the lower ground floor, there are three bedrooms, a bathroom, cellar and storage rooms.
The auction at which the pub will be sold will take place on Wednesday, June 15.
The lease for the pub is for a term of 99 years and expires in 2067, with a ground rent payable and a restriction over its future use, as a community pub.
- 1 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 4 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 5 Suffolk school unveils plans for new fitness suite and cafe
- 6 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 7 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 8 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Revealed: The sell-on fee Town are set to receive for Downes
The pub is located towards the centre of Haverhill, in a predominantly residential location with local amenities nearby
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our East Anglian Daily Times newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.