Look inside the most expensive house on the market in the Ipswich area
- Credit: Peter Lambert
This gorgeous £1.5million period property comes complete with its own hard tennis court and cinema room.
Rushmere Lodge, being marketed by Savills, has seven bedrooms and is set in more than five acres of grounds, in the village of Rushmere St Andrew on the outskirts of Ipswich.
The grounds include a hard tennis court and triple garage, as well as a paddock.
The spacious and light-filled house has 6,850 sq ft of accommodation, including its own sitting/cinema room.
A porch set on Doric columns leads to the reception hall, study, while other downstairs rooms include a large dining room and fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room. There is also a utility, cloakroom, cellar and boiler room.
Upstairs, the landing has a central cupola with adjustable lighting. As well as the seven bedrooms, there are also two bathrooms and two shower rooms.
Property agent Tom Orford, from the residential sales team at Savills in Ipswich, said: “Rushmere Lodge is a stunning period house, discreetly set back from the street with delightful gardens and grounds.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
"You would never know that it existed from its hidden position. The extensive accommodation is set over two floors and I love the light-filled rooms and high ceilings the property has to offer.
"The stunning drawing room is particularly impressive, while the sitting room/cinema room and fully fitted kitchen/breakfast room are also of note.”
For more details, contact Savills in Ipswich on 01473 234800.