The Old Chandlery - Riverside conversion with fine views
- Credit: Archant
The River Deben has been an attraction, for people wanting to live close to water, for centuries.
At Lime Kiln Quay, The Old Chandlery, is a clever conversion of a commercial property into a place to live - and work - with views of the river.
You can sit at a desk in the window, looking across the quay to Sutton shore famous for its Royal graves, and watch yachts sailing down river.
The Old Chandlery is a unique home, designed to take advantage of this special position.
It is a quiet corner of the town but in walking distance of the Thoroughfare shopping area, and along the river bank footpath to the Riverside Theatre and the railway station.
This home is almost upside-down living.
It has been finished to the highest standards with plenty of smart technology.
- 1 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 4 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 5 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 8 Plans seek to create traveller pitches for family use
- 9 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
The property features a stunning 20ft by 18ft open plan kitchen/dining room which has full-height bi-fold windows accessing a hard-wood decked balcony with a glass and stainless steel balustrade taking full advantage of the river views.
The room includes a handmade bespoke kitchen made by Suffolk joiners Hill Farm Joinery, with an extensive range of Bosch appliances, including two ovens, a steam oven and microwave, granite work surfaces and a wood block peninsula bar.
There is oak flooring and a vaulted ceiling with LED lighting.
The room can accomodate settees and a ding table.
Beyond is a vaulted principal bedroom with a luxury en suite fully-tiled wet room.
There is a second bedroom, with a mezannine area above, plus a luxury bathroom.
The ground floor feaures oak board flooring throughout.
There is a multi-purpose room, approximately 26ft by 12ft, with a double set of full height bi-fold doors opening to the coutyard garden.
In addition there is a study, a utility room and a cloakroom.
The property is highly insulated and has a mains gas-fired heating system with underfloor heating. It is also CAT5 wired and wired for a surround sound system and has a Lightwave system with LED lighting, allowing remote access control via smartphone or iPad.
Outside there is a secure, south facing slate paved courtyard. It includes an external chimney and fireplace, shrub beds and a central mirror-backed water feature.
To the side of the building is a granite setts area for car parking.
Guide Price: £645,000