See how this Suffolk home built in the 1900s has been given a makeover
- Credit: Rufus Owen/Full Aspect/Clarke & Simpson
A three-bedroom house believed to date back to the early 1900s has come up for sale in the Suffolk village of Dennington.
Heping House, which is listed at a guide price of £355,000 and situated just three miles from Framlingham, is described by selling agents Clarke & Simpson as a "highly impressive and beautifully presented detached dwelling", offering well-proportioned rooms and taller-than-average ceilings.
The current owners have carried out a number of improvements since owning the property, including rebuilding the extension at the rear. It has also been fully re-wired and fitted with an oil-fired central heating system.
On the ground floor there is a sitting room featuring a door to the courtyard garden, as well as a contemporary wood-burning stove. A large, built-in understairs cupboard provides plenty of storage and the overall aesthetic is contemporary and fresh, with solid beech wood floorboards and neutral decoration.
The spacious dining room is similarly decorated, and enjoys a south-facing window and a further wood-burner. There is also a convenient ground-floor cloakroom.
But it's the kitchen that is really the hub of the home. Partly vaulted, it is an exceptionally light space with north-facing windows and a large skylight. Even more light also streams through a glazed door, which leads to the courtyard garden.
The kitchen is also fitted with a stylish range of hand-crafted base and wall units, Iroko work surfaces, mixer taps and a filtered drinking water tap. There's space for a slimline dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer and range cooker.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 7 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 8 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 9 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 10 Two vehicle crash on the A140 blocks traffic on major Suffolk route
On the first floor there are two bedrooms, including an en suite, as well as a smaller single bedroom and a family bathroom. All of the bedrooms are light and airy with contemporary white decoration and the bathroom includes a bath with shower over.
Outside, the property has a carport and a patio area at the front. There are two low-maintenance courtyards at the rear of the property, connected by a path.
Contact Clarke & Simpson for more details.
The Street, Dennington
Guide price: £355,000
Clarke & Simpson, 01728 724200, www.clarkeandsimpson.co.uk