See how this Suffolk home built in the 1900s has been given a makeover
- Credit: Rufus Owen/Full Aspect/Clarke & Simpson
A three-bedroom house believed to date back to the early 1900s has come up for sale in the Suffolk village of Dennington.
Heping House, which is listed at a guide price of £355,000 and situated just three miles from Framlingham, is described by selling agents Clarke & Simpson as a "highly impressive and beautifully presented detached dwelling", offering well-proportioned rooms and taller-than-average ceilings.
The current owners have carried out a number of improvements since owning the property, including rebuilding the extension at the rear. It has also been fully re-wired and fitted with an oil-fired central heating system.
On the ground floor there is a sitting room featuring a door to the courtyard garden, as well as a contemporary wood-burning stove. A large, built-in understairs cupboard provides plenty of storage and the overall aesthetic is contemporary and fresh, with solid beech wood floorboards and neutral decoration.
The spacious dining room is similarly decorated, and enjoys a south-facing window and a further wood-burner. There is also a convenient ground-floor cloakroom.
You may also want to watch:
But it's the kitchen that is really the hub of the home. Partly vaulted, it is an exceptionally light space with north-facing windows and a large skylight. Even more light also streams through a glazed door, which leads to the courtyard garden.
The kitchen is also fitted with a stylish range of hand-crafted base and wall units, Iroko work surfaces, mixer taps and a filtered drinking water tap. There's space for a slimline dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer and range cooker.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
On the first floor there are two bedrooms, including an en suite, as well as a smaller single bedroom and a family bathroom. All of the bedrooms are light and airy with contemporary white decoration and the bathroom includes a bath with shower over.
Outside, the property has a carport and a patio area at the front. There are two low-maintenance courtyards at the rear of the property, connected by a path.
Contact Clarke & Simpson for more details.
The Street, Dennington
Guide price: £355,000
Clarke & Simpson, 01728 724200, www.clarkeandsimpson.co.uk