Village home in lovely gardens. It could be yours for £775,000
- Credit: Archant
Bowered Green Cottage is an attractive, Grade II listed cottage, dating originally from around the 16th Century, at Boxted.
The original house has been sympathetically extended, during the 1990s, to create a charming and versatile home.
Boxted is only two miles south of Nayland which has a good range of local amenities including a butchers, post office, doctors surgery, village stores, primary school and pub.
This home is in a lovely setting.
It lies on a quiet country lane, amidst woodland and delightful rolling countryside and yet is only six miles from Colchester railway station.
You may also want to watch:
Bowered Green Cottage cleverly combines the old and the new.
Withing the original part is the sitting room which has numerous exposed beams and timbers, and a Dovre woodburner and a corner display cupboard.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Busy high street taped off by police
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 7 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 8 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
The kitchen/dining room is divided by open studwork and is comprehensively fitted with Corian worksurfaces and a sink, with handmade oak units, and a Rangemaster Falcon 5-ring induction oven and hob and with a Piazetta woodburner in the dining room.
On the first floor there are two double bedrooms - one with an en suite WC, and a interlinking dressing area.
Within the newer extension the family room has an oak floor and double doors out to the terrace. There is a study/bedroom four, a modern bathroom with Amtico flooring and, on the first floor, a double bedroom with a newly-fitted shower room.
The gardens of Bowered Green Cottage are a stunning feature.
The property is approached over a gravelled drive, bounded on one side by a mature beech hedge, and leading to a wide parking area with a weather-boarded garage/store.
A wide sandstone terrace adjoins the cottage beyond which lie lawns bordered by well-stocked herbaceous borders, a rose trellis, with raised vegetable beds and numerous trees and shrubs.
The small front garden is enclosed by parkland fencing and planted with a selection of Cants roses.