Little Holly’s wish comes true
A LITTLE girl with a debilitating condition has been treated to a dream trip to Disneyland Paris – and even managed to meet her heroine.
Holly Elwood, seven, from Stowmarket, was born with cystic fibrosis and in order to keep her well, she takes a cocktail of drugs every day and has to undergo physiotherapy and have regular hospital check-ups.
Hospital staff wanted to give Holly something special for always being so brave with her treatment, so they contacted the Starlight Children’s Foundation in the hope that it would grant Holly’s wish – to be Snow White.
Starlight, one of the UK’s leading “wish granting” charities for children suffering from serious and terminal illnesses, arranged for Holly, her sister Ruby, four, and her mother Paula to all make the trip to France for the special occasion.
Ms Elwood said it was a “once in a lifetime experience” that her family would never forget.
You may also want to watch:
Holly, who goes to Combs Ford Primary School, spent several days at the resort’s Sequoia Lodge hotel, enjoyed a special breakfast at the Mickey Cafe and was even given a full princess makeover.
Not only did Holly get to dress as Snow White, but she also met the “real” Snow White, who took her on several rides and posed for pictures.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 6 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 7 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
Ms Elwood said: “We had the most wonderful time, it really was amazing and put smiles and laughter back into our lives after a very tough year. We cannot thank Starlight enough. Holly was just made to feel so special, like a real princess. I was so grateful that my youngest daughter was included in the wish too. It really was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that we will never ever forget.”
Ms Elwood said Holly was thrilled to be able to be a real princess and had hardly taken off her Snow White outfit since arriving home.
To find out more about Starlight visit www.starlight.org.uk or call 020 7262 2881.