Memories are still firm
THE good news this week from the grassroots game was the re-launch of the Inter-Firm Cup in the Ipswich area.The Inter-Firm cup was always a popular event in the town and I remember playing in the final back in the 1980s for the East Anglian Daily Times against BT Research.
THE good news this week from the grassroots game was the re-launch of the Inter-Firm Cup in the Ipswich area.
The Inter-Firm cup was always a popular event in the town and I remember playing in the final back in the 1980s for the East Anglian Daily Times against BT Research. We got tonked 5-1, but I blamed my mate Paul Skingley (now director of football at Brantham), for the defeat (only kidding mate!).
So a big thank you to Bob Sadler for this picture of the last time the Inter-Firm cup was played for - and won - ironically by BT Reps.
You may also want to watch:
The year is 2001, May to be exact, and BT Reps beat Ipswich Postals 4-1.
The BT team pictured was: Back row, left to right: Manager Francisco de Carvalho, assistant Julian Catt, Matt Wallace, Neil Walker, Carl Chittock, Jason Mann, David Smillie, Marty Oliver, Adam Grieve and assistant Bob Sadler
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
Front row, left to right: Andy Cook, Paul Ramsey, Jason Green, Martin Pilbrough, Paul Grant (capt), Paul Sadler, Bevan Burgess and Leon Bell.
THANKS Bob for the picture and again, if any of you have any old team photographs you would like to send into us with a few words, please do so. We will return all prints.