Mourinho quiet on Real link
INTER Milan boss Jose Mourinho insists he has had no contact with Real Madrid and has no plans to discuss his future until after the Champions League final on May 22.
Mourinho is contracted to the Nerazzurri until 2012 but speculation has continually linked the former Chelsea man with a move to Real Madrid.
However, he said he is not planning his future beyond the end of this season.
“My immediate goal at the moment is to beat Siena to secure the Scudetto and another very near goal is that we do the same against Bayern Munich to lift the European Cup,” he told Spanish daily AS.
“The rest we’ll see. I told my agent, Jorge Mendes, I will not discuss the matter at least until May 23 - after the Champions League final.
You may also want to watch:
“The immediate objectives are what I said. But I still have things to do in football.
“Of course part of my plan is to train in Spain, and maybe also be Portugal coach some day - but that’s when I’m old, maybe in 15 or 20 years.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
“Is there a hurry? I have important things I do in the coming days. From May 23 we’ll see what happens. For now, we must ask Mendes.”
When asked if Madrid had been in contact recently he replied: “I have not,” he said. “Personally, I only speak with Inter.”