16-year-old girl allegedly stabbed during altercation over handbag in Bardwell, Suffolk
Police investigating an alleged stabbing of a 16-year-old girl in a village near Bury St Edmunds have charged a man from Devon.
The teenager was allegedly stabbed in the shoulder and arm during an incident at a house in School Lane, Bardwell between 7.30am and 8.30am yesterday (Thursday, October 5).
It is alleged that a man who was at the property tried to steal her handbag. An altercation then ensued during which she was stabbed in the shoulder and the arm. The man then allegedly ran out into the street with the handbag, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
Officers investigating the incident arrested Dimitri Coxon, 26, of Lockyer Street, Plymouth. He has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent and was remanded in custody to appear before Ipswich magistrates’ court today.
A court spokesman said the case will be heard at Ipswich Crown Court on November 3. The spokesman said Coxon was remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary has launched an appeal for witnesses to come forward. Call 101, quoting reference 65158/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree