Nostalgia: Close-fought moto cross and scrambling races at Bentley in 1991
- Credit: JOHN KERR
Motorcycle sports remain as popular today as they have for decades – with dirt-bike off-road racing providing plenty of excitement for those taking part and watching.
Back in 1991, EADT photographer John Kerr went along to Bentley to capture the action on a day of moto cross and scrambling.
The wettest days often provide the greatest spectacle for such meetings - creating tricky conditions for the riders, often dramatic crashes, and leaving competitors' leathers spattered with thick sticky mud.
But at the Bentley meeting 28 years ago it was a dry day meaning that a lot of the racing was much closer than usual as the photos show - with close-fought races and riders jockeying for position in tight groups.
Did you attend the event - or recognise anyone in our gallery.
You may also want to watch:
To share your memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win