£200,000 CCTV and security equipment stolen from trailer on A14 near Stowmarket
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Thieves have stolen £200,000 of CCTV and security equipment from the trailer of a lorry which was parked on the A14, near Stowmarket.
The incident took place between 3am and 3.30am on Tuesday, May 15, in a layby on the westbound carriageway between junctions 36 and 37 at Creeting St Peter.
The lorry driver was woken up at around 3.30am by a noise outside the lorry and when he went outside he was confronted by a male suspect. The driver then got back into the cab and drove off and once he had reached a safe distance away, stopped to call police.
It was then discovered that the CCTV and security equipment had been stolen from the trailer.
Now officers would like to hear from anyone who drove along the road between 3am and 3.30am who either witnessed any suspicious activity, or who has a dash cam that may have captured any footage that could be of use to detectives.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station on 101 quoting reference 26824/18, or the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw