24 ways you can make a difference this advent
- Credit: Archant
A charity has composed a list of 24 things you can do this advent to make a difference.
The YMCA Trinity Group wants its list to be a reminder of the true spirit of Christmas.
As advent calendars get more elaborate and expensive the charity urges people to follow its advent list instead.
The list includes fundraising ideas and random acts of kindness.
A few examples on the list are: Knit a hat for a homeless person, write a Christmas card for a YMCA resident and let them know you’re thinking of them, get everyone you know to help you collect a mile of pennies for mental health, go for a sponsored bike ride dressed as Santa and donate what you would spend on Christmas cards to YMCA.
For more details on how you can help the YMCA visit the group’s website.
You may also want to watch:
Share your countdown to Christmas on social media using #24GiftsofChristmas
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 Matchday Live: Celina starts as Cook makes five changes
- 6 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy