A woman and her dog have been rescued after a fire broke out inside a home. 

Firefighters were called to the blaze in Sheepshead Hill in Great Cornard, near Sudbury, at about 6.45am on Wednesday. 

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent four appliances to the incident. 

A spokesman for Sudbury Fire Station said both appliances from the town were deployed to the bungalow fire. 

They added: "Quick reactions from members of the public who called 999 undoubtedly saved her life."

They said a woman and a dog were rescued from the blaze.