250 cannabis plants seized on industrial estate
POLICE in Essex have seized more than 250 cannabis plants while executing a warrant at a unit on an industrial estate.
Officers from Chelmsford executed a warrant shortly after 10.15am today at a unit on East Hanningfield Industrial Estate, Old Church Road, in East Hanningfield.
Two rooms were found filled with more than 250 plants as well as sophisticated irrigation and hydroponics lighting equipment. The plants and equipment have been confiscated.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said that no arrests had been made and that enquiries were ongoing.
Police are urging the public to be alert to the possibility that there may be a cannabis factory in their neighbourhood.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesperson added: “Tell-tale signs of cannabis cultivation include blacked out or permanently covered windows, a large amount of soil or tubs being taken into the property, frequent condensation on windows, and the installation of ventilation systems.
“As cannabis plants grow and mature, people living or working nearby may also notice a sweet, sickly smell emanating from the property.”
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 10 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
If you have any information about the cannabis factory on the East Hanningfield Industrial Estate, contact Essex Police on 0300 333 4444.