Plans revealed to build four bungalows behind Five Bells in Great Cornard
- Credit: Google Maps
Plans to build four, three-bedroom bungalows behind the Five Bells in Great Cornard have been submitted to planners.
The proposal lodged with Babergh District Council said the four semi-detached bungalows will be sited on the unused land to the rear of the existing public house.
The pub's children's playground has been earmarked as part of the plot, which means it will be taken down if the proposal goes ahead.
A spokesperson for Hawthorn, the Community Pub Company, said: “We have applied for permission to develop accommodation on some of land around the Five Bells pub, with the agreement of our Pub Partner.
"The land currently serving as a play area has been earmarked as part of the plot for development; however, the pub will still have outdoor space for customers to make use of if the application is successful.”
You may also want to watch:
Access to the proposed bungalows will be gained off Bures Road with reconfiguration of the existing pub car park, with associated hard and soft landscaping.
There will be a further 12 car parking spaces available to accommodate the new homes.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
The buildings will be built with red facing bricks with grey tiled roofs.