£500 reward offered following theft of motorcross bike from garage in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A £500 reward has been offered to help find a Kawasaki KX85 motorcross bike stolen from a garage in Bury St Edmunds.
It was the pride and joy of 15-year-old enthusiast Ollie Ward, who lives in Maulkin Close, on the Moreton Hall estate.
It took place overnight on Wednesday and Thursday between 11pm and 8am said the teenager’s father Tim.
He said the raiders probably followed the couple home one day after Ollie had been out riding.
“They used a lot of force to open the garage doors and they will need replacing but Ollie is distraught at the theft of the bike.
You may also want to watch:
“All his money went into that bike and he goes out to tracks at the weekend just for a social ride. And now a £500 reward is being offered for its safe return.”
A police spokeswoman said that investigations into the theft are continuing and anyone who can help track down the bike can call Mr Ward on 07739 701746 or call Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 9 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 10 Gameday: 'Lots of work to do' - Town fans on Millwall defeat