7 things to do this weekend in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Your weekend inspiration for March 24 and 25 is here.
Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds
Watch a mind-bending psychological thriller from the pen of Anthony Horowitz this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The story is about Mark Styler, a writer of glossy ‘true crime’ paperbacks, who tries to get an interview with a notorious serial killer.
The tale will keep you guessing and has many twists and turns throughout.
To book tickets visit the website here.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
St Mary’s Church, Woodbridge
Enjoy an evening listening to the harmonies of the Singing Safari.
Choirmaster, Chris Rowbury, has taken 56 local singers on a journey of gathering songs from all over the world ready for a performance.
Special guests Scunsulata from Norfolk will also be joining the group.
To find out more and to book tickets visit the website.
Easter Flower arranging
Walton-on-the-Naze visitor centre
The Naze visitor centre is holding a drop in session to teach you how to make a colourful Easter arrangement.
The session welcomes adults and children and doesn’t require booking.
The price depends on what size of arrangement you would like to make however it will be between £3 and £7.
To find out more email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Felixstowe, next to the Pier
March 24 and 25
Treat your family to watch a circus show this weekend.
Circus Petite will include clowns, jugglers, hula-hooping, magic and fire displays.
The circus, taking place in a 150-seater tent, is ideal for all ages.
For more information click here.
Easter Egg Hunt
Beth Chatto Gardens, Colchester
March 24 and 25
Take your children to an Easter egg hunt this weekend at Beth Chatto Gardens.
Enjoy the picturesque surroundings as you help them look for eggs.
It is £6.95 for adults and £1.50 for children.
To read more about the event visit the website.
Stonham Barns Sunday Car Boot
Stonham Barns Leisure Complex
Have you got a house full of clutter you don’t need?
Why not spend Sunday clearing your home and making money by taking part in Stonham Barns car boot sale.
The car boot starts at 8am and you can book a stall online.
For more information visit the website here.
The Athenaeum, Bury St Edmunds
Songbook Sundays take place in the Bury St Edmunds’ Athenaeum Ballroom.
They feature the Chris Ingham Trio with special guest singers from the world of jazz.
On March 25, you can hear Kevin Fitzsimmons with ‘A Swinging Affair’. Kevin has been wowing the audiences of Ronnie Scott’s, New York’s Birdland and countless high-society events with his appealing voice, classic repertoire and on-stage charisma.