Seven events happening in Suffolk and north Essex this weekend
Start 2018 right by planning an action packed weekend – here is what is happening near you January 6 and 7.
Thomas Wolsey: Ipswich’s Greatest Son
Christchurch Mansion, Ipswich
January 6 and 7
Enjoy a free exhibition at Ipswich’s Christchurch Mansion.
You may also want to watch:
Learn more about what Thomas Wolsey did around Ipswich and England and hear about his relationship with Henry VIII.
This exhibition brings together objects not seen together before outside of London.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 5 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 6 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 7 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
For more information call 01473 433554.
Theatre Royal, Bury St Edmunds
January 6 and 7
Are you ready to go on a journey with Dick Whittington?
Head down to Theatre Royal to watch one of the best loved stories of all time.
Packed with magic, music, fun, and laughter.
To book tickets or for more information visit the website.
Birds By Barge at Harwich River Cruises
Departs from Old Custom House, Ipswich
January 6 and 7
Enjoy a river cruise this weekend.
Take a journey through the marina lock gates and out onto the River Orwell.
There will also be freshly baked scones and fruit for you to enjoy.
To find out more call 01473 258070.
Mersea Island Parkrun
Cudmore Grove, East Mersea
Start January right by taking part in a 5km run.
It is free to run but if you haven’t taken part in a parkrun before you will need to register first.
You can be as fast or as slow as you like so bring some friends and have a laugh.
For more information and to register visit the website.
Crowfield Village Hall, Ipswich
Take your family to a pantomime this weekend at the Crowfield Village Hall.
Puzzle House Pantomimes presents a traditional family pantomime based on the story of Cinderella.
Six actors play a range of characters in a show full of songs, live keyboard music, thrills, spills and fun.
All tickets cost £7 – for more information call 01379 384 656.
Christmas Ice Rink
Bond Street, Chelmsford
Sunday is your last chance to glide around Chelmsford’s festive ice rink.
Grab your skates and friends and enjoy a 30 minute session on ice.
Tickets are £7 per adult and £5 per child.
For more information visit the website.
New Orleans Jazz Bandits Show
Marks Tey Parish Hall, Colchester
Treat the jazz lover in your life to an evening of talent.
The New Orleans Jazz Bandits are recognised and appreciated by jazz enthusiasts and connoisseurs everywhere.
Tickets are £10 each for non members and £8 for members.
For more information and details visit the website.