83-year-old man accused of indecent assault on girl, 13
IPSWICH: An 83-year-old man has been charged with indecently assaulting a teenage girl.
Sidney Calver, of Waterford Road, Ipswich, appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Calver is accused of engaging in non-penetrative sexual activity with a girl aged 13 to 15.
It is understood the allegation is said to have occurred on June 12 this year.
The complainant is believed to have been aged 13 at the time.
You may also want to watch:
The allegation is said to have taken place in the Whitehouse area of the town.
Calver was arrested on July 7 after a complaint was made to police. After being interviewed by officers he was released on police bail pending further enquiries.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said Calver was charged when he answered bail on Thursday, September 23.
He made his first appearance on the allegation before Ipswich magistrates during a short hearing yesterday.
Calver was then released on unconditional bail until his next hearing.
He must now return to South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Monday, November 15.
The hearing is scheduled to be a committal, which will see the case sent to Ipswich Crown Court.