87-year-old woman ‘shaken’ by assault by heavily-built man on bicycle
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are appealing for witnesses after an 87-year-old woman was assaulted in Clacton.
She was walking in Alton Park Road on Thursday, December 24, when a young cyclist rode past her on the pavement at speed.
Investigating officer Pc Angela Finn said: “This gave her a shock and she shook her head in disapproval.
“A man on a bicycle then approached her, using the bike to block the path, and preventing her from moving.
“He pushed his knee into her right leg, grabbed her around the coat collar and shouted at her.
You may also want to watch:
“He then rode off down Upper Park Road.”
The woman suffered pain and discomfort but no visible injuries, and was left shaken by the incident.
- 1 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-1 win against Fleetwood
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 8 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 9 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 10 Plans for Scandinavian-inspired holiday chalets in Suffolk
The man is described as white, of heavy build and aged about 50.
Witnesses who saw the incident, at the junction of Alton Park Road and Upper Park Road at some point between 1.30pm and 3.30pm, are asked to call Pc Finn on 101.
Alternatively, they can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org.