Fake water board pair steal 89-year-old woman’s purse in distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
An 89-year-old woman’s purse was stolen in a distraction burglary by two men claiming to be water officials.
The incident happened at an address in Tennyson Road, Bury St Edmunds, on Friday, April 6.
Suffolk police said two male suspects, purporting to be water officials, entered a house occupied by the woman at 2pm and stole a purse containing cash.
The only description at this time is that the two males were white with dark hair, and that one was wearing a bomber jacket.
A witness saw them get into a silver/grey Audi saloon.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising people to ensure they check the identification of any officials and contact appropriate companies if they were not expecting a visit.
Information relating to the incident should be reported to Suffolk police on 101, using crime reference 37/18608/18.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Family's heartfelt tribute to 'devoted mother' of four who died in crash
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision
Any suspicious visitors should be reported the same number.
Dial 999 in an emergency.